Sunday, July 20, 2008

What do you drink?

Water.

This is something I've not touch much, mainly because I'm assuming most people already know that drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is important to maintain a general well-being.

By that, I really mean.. plain water - good filtered plain water source.

If you're really serious to take care of your health - MAKE SURE YOU DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF GOOD FILTERED PLAIN WATER A DAY!

I sure hope that goes into you clearly, and I do really mean.. plain water. Your body will thank you so much for doing that to you.

Every time you go to the toilet - always take note of your urine. It has to be a pale yellow color and almost no smell. You should be worried if it's not (then you should drink lotsa of them).

These days, plain water and green tea are my only main drinks. On weekends, I tend to make my own soy milk drinks (boiled, and grind my own), and at mamak's, if I feel like having some hot drinks, I ordered hot barley drink (with no-sugar of course).

BTW, do you know that Barley by itself is a whole-grains? It also has higher beta-glucans (the soluble fiber that soaks your bad cholesterol) content than that of oats?
Read Barley benefits high cholesterol

If you're thinking of losing weight, the first thing that you need to do is to avoid at all cost any of the sugar-laden drinks. I used to be so addictive to the soft/soda-drinks - would have cans of them in my home fridge ever-ready for me, anytime. Well, not anymore - I've not had even a sip of any of them ever since I started.
Check out the evilness of the High-Fructose-Corn-Syrup (HFCS), and you'll understand why I despise soft-drinks and processed foods (yup, that includes fast-foods). Please do read this article - The Dangers of Fast Food.

on another note, check out The Truth About Coffee

Till next time.. stay healthy.

Sher Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin